Who are the ideal candidates for breast lift surgery or mastopexy?
Anybody who has sagging and uneven breasts, has nipples fall below the breast crease, stretched areola, and nipple or areola point downwards, then she is an ideal candidate for breast lift surgery.
The conditions which lead to sagging of breasts are aging, pregnancy, obesity or weight fluctuations, hereditary or maybe gravitational pull-down.
What to expect during preliminary consultation at kalosa clinic?
- A detailed consultation with our plastic surgeon Dr. Ashish Khare is done where he understands the expectations of the patient and then discusses the benefits and how to achieve them.
- You should feel free to discuss any issues related to this to the doctor.
- He examines you accompanied by a female attendant, measures the size of breasts, and the position of the nipple.
- The plan for surgery is discussed in detail and explained to the patient.
- Past results are shown for a better understanding of the procedure.
- Preliminary blood investigations and ultrasound of breasts or mammograms ordered.
- Blood thinners to be stopped three days before the date of surgery.
- It is better to stop smoking a month before surgery for better healing.
What to expect on day of surgery?
- The patient is usually called on an empty stomach with 8 hours of fasting as this procedure is usually done under general anaesthesia.
- Consent for the procedure is taken and the patient is shifted to the OT.
- Markings for incision are done and pre-operative pictures are taken. The patient should understand that these pictures are fully confidential and used only for post-op result comparison. They can be used for promotional activities but without your face or name.
Can it be combined with breast augmentation or reduction surgery?
Yes, depending on your requirement, any of these two surgeries can be combined.
What are the common incisions used in breast lift surgeries?
Your incision would be selected based on your breast size and shape, areola size and position, degree of breast sagging, skin quality and elasticity, and how much extra skin you have.
The common incisions used for this surgery are as follows:
- Around the areola - donut or circumareolar incisions.
- Around the areola and vertically down from the center to the breast crease - lollipop incision.
- Around the areola, vertically down from the breast crease and horizontally along the breast crease - anchor technique.
What would be post-op care instructions?
Post-operatively, you would be required to wear a firm supportive bra to decrease swelling and avoid heavy object lifting or exercising. Daily routine activities can be resumed once you start feeling better from pain. Generally, stitches will be removed after one to two weeks from the day of surgery.
When to expect actual post-operative results?
Usually, localized swelling and edema take 6 to 8 weeks to subside down. So, it is important to be patient and wait for actual results.
Can I plan a pregnancy once the surgery is done?
Usually, it is not advisable to plan pregnancy after the breast lift surgery is done as pregnancy and breastfeeding again causes breast tissues to expand and sag down.
Are the results of breast lift permanent?
Yes, if no further pregnancy is planned, the results of a breast lift are usually permanent.